State and national clients look to AQAF to provide internal and external clinical reviews. Due to a growing case load AQAF is looking for qualified physicians and allied health professionals to join our National Clinical Review Team.
Primary Purpose of Peer Review:
Peer review activities ensure services provided are medically necessary and appropriate, meets professionally recognized standards, and are provided in the most appropriate setting, and in some cases diagnostic/procedural information submitted for payment is validated in the medical record.
To serve as a Physician Review specialist, an individual must possess a medical doctor (MD), doctor of osteopathy (DO), or doctor of dental surgery (DDS) degree from an accredited medical school and maintain an active and unrestricted medical license without any history of disciplinary action. The Physician Review specialist must be certified by a specialty board of the American board of Medical Specialties and covered by malpractice insurance.
AQAF offers maximum flexibility for Physician and Clinical Review specialist to conduct case reviews. Some cases allow remote access that is available anytime and anywhere. This opportunity allows Physician and Clinical Review specialist to continue other obligations without interruption while bringing in additional income. AQAF encourages qualified Physician and Clinical Review specialist that desire to expand into performing case reviews to inquire further about this opportunity. In particular, AQAF offers training to qualified Physician and Clinical Review specialist to perform such reviews.
Members of our Clinical Review Team:
- Ensure that health care dollars are well-spent
- Promote fairness, accuracy, and consistency
- Provide accurate, impartial decisions as to whether service(s) provided were medically necessary and appropriate
- Foster continuous improvement in health care
- Will be provided case review training
- Hold a current, non-restricted license in a U.S. state or territory;
- Be certified by a specialty board of the American Board of Medical Specialties;
- Be actively engaged in the practice of medicine and maintain active hospital privileges;
- Be covered by malpractice insurance.
In addition, proof of academic appointments and publication of your work may be required. We hope you will consider joining us.
For more information or to join the AQAF National Clinical Review Team contact: Cynthia McIntosh, VP Review at 205.970.1600 ext 3506 or firstname.lastname@example.org